'How I will teach reading this year' via the 'Primary Colour' blog

This is the hub of the site and the place to post queries, start discussions and join in the conversation!
Debbie_Hepplewhite

'How I will teach reading this year' via the 'Primary Colour' blog

Post by Debbie_Hepplewhite »

This reflective piece written by teacher-blogger Christopher Such (blog entitled 'Primary Colour') is very heartwarming and possibly helpful to other teachers of children who are not total beginners:
Primary Colour

The gradually diminishing ignorance of a primary school teacher. @Suchmo83
How I will teach reading this year
https://primarycolour.home.blog/2019/08 ... this-year/
A necessary caveat before I begin: I don’t consider myself to be an expert in the teaching of reading. Just so that you are under no illusions, here is the sum total of the ‘expertise’ that I am bringing to bear for this blog:

+ 13 years in education; mostly UKS2 but some teaching of reading in EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3

+ Some books – notably Language at the Speed of Sight (Mark Seidenberg), The Reading Mind (Dan Willingham), Thinking Reading (Dianne Murphy and James Murphy) and the The Vocabulary Gap (Alex Quigley).

+ Some blogs – notably that of The Reading Ape and Timothy Shanahan.

+ Some brief email and Twitter conversations with people who know a lot more about this stuff than I.

I don’t claim to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of reading. Any suggestions made in this blog are obviously up for debate, and I’d be delighted if anyone who reads this feels moved enough by it to want to change my mind and improve my teaching. Anyway, with that said, here goes…