England/International - Wyse and Bradbury paper leads to immediate dismay and rapid responses!

News articles, interviews, research, events and lots more - ready for your comments.
Debbie_Hepplewhite

England/International - Wyse and Bradbury paper leads to immediate dismay and rapid responses!

Post by Debbie_Hepplewhite »

I'm cross-referencing this thread with the 'General Forum' thread because the reading debate is not England-specific, it is an international debate in English-teaching contexts - and although this latest paper by Dominic Wyse and Alice Bradbury is written based on political-educational developments in England with regard to the teaching of reading, interestingly the first people to show their dismay/horror/disbelief via their blogs were Greg Ashman and Jennifer Buckingham from Australia!

Via the General Forum, I have entitled the thread:
The latest straw man - Wyse and Bradbury paper - and responses
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1431&p=3031#p3031

Do click on the link above. I have no doubt that responses will fly in thick and fast (a couple of days after the publication of the Wyse and Bradbury paper, they already are - including in various media outlets not just social networks and blogs).